Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mini Middlebrook Reunion

Last night Seth and I were able to spend some time with extended family. This was quite the experience for me, being that I am a new Middlebrook, and haven't been one for very long. It was good to be able to meet new family members, and see some again that I already knew. One of the biggest ideas that hit me is that this whole group of people have grown up together, spending time with each other, or at least keeping in touch with each other for years. With literally three generations present, it's easy to see a family's heritage, of generations that have chosen to serve God in one way or another. And the strangest thing is realizing that I am now part of it. Such is the story of marriage, and the blending of two families. it is quite a thing to experience, and I think we are only beginning to see all that it means.

No comments: